If you can’t make it to the gym, or you just aren’t a “gym person,” but you want a killer total body workout check out what I have created below. These are exercises you will perform one after the other in sequence. Taking 10-20 seconds rest between each exercise. One full round of this exercise complex is call a “wave”. After one full complex wave take 45-75 seconds rest and repeat the complex 1-3 more times.
Once you are done with your sets of Complex 1 then perform Complex 2. Do this program 3 times per week. It should take you less than 20 minutes to complete. These exercises should all be performed in a slow, controlled manner in order to really engage and feel the muscle being worked (Unless it’s noted to explode and work on speed as some exercise are below). I added Youtube links for the different exercises to show you how the exercises should be performed if you are unfamiliar with them.
- Plyo-Push up – 6-15 reps depending on your strength level http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYU5MeZ1Xco
- Pull ups – reps to failure
- Lunges – 10 reps on each leg Get a nice deep and controlled lunge. Slowly drop yourself down and squeeze your glutes way thighs on the way up to fully engage the muscles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33ZeWaJwmg0
- Pike Push- ups – 10-15 reps. Depending on the angle you can work with more or less of your bodyweight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sposDXWEB0A
- Planks – hold for 30-45 seconds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSHjTRCQxIw
- V-ups – 15-25 reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP2fjvG0g3w
- Jump Squats – 10-15 reps. Really explode of the bottom and jump as high as possible do not pause at the bottom you want to work on exploding and working on the Stretch Reflex. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utQShuge6Vk
- Inverted rows – 10-12 reps. Depending on the angle you can work with more or less of your bodyweight. You would set up the pull up bar lower to the ground to perform this exercise http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cnXBP1bUSU
- Close Grip Push Ups – 10-15 reps. Really focus on contracting and squeezing your chest and triceps at the top of the movement. Hold the contraction at the top of the movement on every rep for 2 seconds to really activate the muscles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4lnOrykocg
- YTI’s – 10-12 reps. This may not look like much of an exercise but if you really squeeze and contract your shoulders at each level of the movement (the Y, the T, the L) it really burns http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvLm_llzkCE Do them the way she does them at 54 seconds into the clip in progression Y,T, I that’s one rep
- Glute bridges – Excellent core and glute exercise. Make sure you keep your weight on your heels and Really squeeze your glutes at the top of the movement and hold for 2 seconds each rep http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwNP1Ure28Q You should feel this in your core and your glutes NOT in your back.
- Mountain Climbers – 30-45 seconds . I want you to really dig hard on these and get as many reps in as you can in that 30-45 second timeframe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA9Xhv2ktgw